ASSOCIATED WHOLESALE GROCERS
Back to School Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- How to enter: The "Back to School Sweepstakes" ("Sweepstakes") begins 9:00 a.m. Central Standard Time ("CST") on July 7, 2012 and ends 11:59 p.m. CST on September 9, 2012. To enter, go to www.my-backtoschool.com and complete the official entry form, including your full name, complete address, daytime telephone number and e-mail address. Send your entry by clicking on the submit button on the Sweepstakes page. Limit one entry per person, per household or e-mail address per day. Entries with duplicate email or other addresses or multiple entries using different email addresses for a single individual will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Group and mechanically reproduced entries are not eligible. To enter by mail, print your name, address, and phone number on a 3 x 5 card and mail to: Back to School Sweepstakes, PO Box 26521, Overland Park, KS 66225. Enter as often as you wish, by mail, but each entry must be in a separate envelope. Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, or misdirected entries. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST September 9, 2012. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Only entries which comply with the Official Rules will be considered. Sponsor: Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes participation is open only to legal residents of KS, MO, IA, NE, IL, AR, OK, MS, LA, TN, KY, FL, AL, TX, OH, GA, IN, NC, NM, VA who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion or fulfillment agencies, and any of their affiliated companies and suppliers, and immediate family members and household members are not eligible to enter or win. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six (6) months, performed services for Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc., or any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or supplying any prize, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and the immediate family members and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Prizes: Two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded. Each Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) IPad. Retail Value of each Grand Prize: $599. One (1) First Prize will be awarded. One First Prize winner will receive one (1) Nook Color. Retail Value of First Prize: $169. One (1) Second Prize will be awarded. One Second Prize winner will receive one (1) Nikon digital camera. Retail value of Second Prize: $140. Limit one prize per eligible household, address and email address. All fees, federal, state, and local taxes or other expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Selection of Winner: The winners will be determined in a random drawing from all eligible entries received, to be held on or about September 14, 2012 by an independent judging organization whose decision with respect to the selection of the winners and the interpretation of these rules and regulations will be final. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified by e-mail, telephone and/or U.S. mail at the email address, telephone or mailing address provided at time of entry. All potential winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and a Publicity Release where allowed by law within 14 business days of notification. Personally identifiable information received will be used only to verify eligibility and award prizes.
A potential winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries received if (i) such potential winner fails to return required documents within fourteen (14) days of the date on the prize notification, (ii) any prize/prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (iii) the Sweepstakes Entities (hereafter defined) are unable to contact the potential winner, (iv) the potential winner is otherwise found to be ineligible based upon these Official Rules, or (v) the potential winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prize following completion of the notification process. Prizes will only be delivered to addresses within the United States.
By acceptance of a prize, the winner of such prize grants permission to the Sponsor and its agents to use the winner's name, city, state, and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotions, and trade without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- General: Entrants on their behalf, and on behalf of their respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc., the independent judging organization, and their respective subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"), and those working on their behalf, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to any entrant's participation in this Sweepstakes or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kansas, regardless of principles of conflicts of laws that may require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Kansas City, Kansas, and each entrant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Each entrant agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Kansas. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEYS' FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein, due to events, including but not limited to, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, or order of any court or other causes not within Sponsor's control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of any winner or prize. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries; (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes, or (iv) the failure of any third party to comply with the instructions and proper administration of this Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant (x) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (y) agrees to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the independent judging organization, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to: permanently disqualify from any Sweepstakes any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and terminate the Sweepstakes or the online portion of the Sweepstakes if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Sweepstakes), or to select winners from among all eligible Entries received prior to termination. Rules are subject to change. LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Administration: All decisions of the Sponsor and Sweepstakes administrator regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical or printing or other errors, administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the prizes or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or other materials relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Winners Names: To obtain a list of all prize winners, after October 15, 2012 please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Associated Wholesale Grocers Back to School Sweepstakes Winners List, PO Box 26521, Overland Park, KS 66225. Requests received after November 30, 2012 will not be honored.
- Administrator of Sweepstakes is Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc., 5000 Kansas Avenue, Kansas City, Kansas 66106.